Seeking: New York City NY UWS NJ hoboken S orange millburn condo house sit / apt sublet rental

edited August 2013 in Wanted
Academic relocating back home to New Jersey New York area for 2013 academic year and longer

Intro:
Couple currently living in New York City.
Non smokers that adore animals.
Reliable and honest with excellent references.

Interested in house-sitting in the metro NY, NJ areas.

Extensive experience in caring for animals, plants, supervising renovations and house-sitting.

I am a professor and have lived in Manhattan UWS and Summit NJ most of my life. My partner of 6 years an accountant turned techie with a hand in othercubanjourneys.com travel business, hence love to travel and explore new neighborhoods and surrounding, making connections with locals and becoming part of the community.

We do not charge for our services as we feel free accommodation is a fair exchange.
But we look at our house sitting as a business, taking great pride in every sit we do and always ensuring when we leave each sit, not only are we happy with the experience but also the Home Owner is completely satisfied in every way.

We have extensive experience with taking care of dogs and fish.
We are very familiar with special needs animals, as we raised between us 9 dogs.

1 - Ideally:
Looking for no charge as exchange for services.
On the sliding spectrum we have engaged a utilities spend.
At the other end we have forgone or split a broker fee, hence a negotiated reasonable rent was amenable depending upon (see FLEXIBLE below) on size, location, layout, length, responsibility, etc.

2 - Required:
Dog friendly – sml-medium ‘benji’ dogs
No later than August 30-31 move in.
Larger than studio, hence 1 bedroom or bigger

3 - Flexible to consider:
>Furnished
>house sitting or Sublet or lease take over
>4-5 months short lease (up to / until Jan 4thish)
>9-12 months (May 30th end of University academic year )
>Or longer lease - through August via month to month option or first rights of refusal for renewal
>flat fee all inclusive option
** Potential Aug 24th move in.

4 - Offering:
As barter, use of my one week vacation resort condos

Our hobby is walking, so dog walking is not an issue. We are interested in house-sitting opportunities primarily in the NY Area for the time being although other tempting options are a possibility over the academic school year breaks. In the many occasions in which we have provided a sitting service, we have had 100% positive feedback and have received glowing references from all Home Owners. My partner has been considered quite the handy man given his long and short term rental and vacation properties in MI, FL, and SC, so we are unlikely to have to call a tradesman for minor issues.

As part of our professionalism, we provide items such as a House Sitting agreement, Home Owners Checklist and an end of sit report. We also provide you with weekly updates during your time away (although if you prefer not to be disturbed that is ok too). We also provide a thorough cleaning service (free of charge of course) at the end of each sit so you arrive home to a sparkling clean house!

We do hope you consider us to take care of your home. If you have any further questions about us please feel free to contact us directly at any time.

Please reply offline, by clicking my screen name above and sending a private message, not adding a comment below.

key words: seton hall rutgers columbia snowbird millburn maplewood summit south orange hoboken sublet house sit professor sabbatical dog new jersey new york upper west side uws riverside park