My Seattle home for your Washington, DC home

My family is relocating to DC temporarily, and we would love to do a house swap with another family. The dates are December 2015 - August 2016, with a bit of wiggle room on either end.

We have a beautiful old (1921) Seattle home with original wood floors, large lot, big trees, on a quiet street in a convenient location. The house has 4 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, an office, and a basement rec room with ping pong table and rowing machine. Very kid friendly- with a great swing in the backyard! We have an extra large detached garage in the backyard which we will probably use for storage, but we will leave room for your bikes, strollers, etc.

Our house is in the Greenwood neighborhood in NW Seattle- just a quick drive to I-5 and 99, with convenient bus routes to downtown, University of Washington, Ballard, etc. You can walk from our front door to the Puget Sound through Carkeek Park trails! We are walking distance to lots of bars, restaurants, grocery stores, and even a theater.

What we are looking for: prefer a 3 bedroom house near transit either in DC or close by. Silver Spring, Takoma, College Park, Arlington, etc would be ok. We'd love to live on Capitol Hill, but we could do Eckington, Bloomingdale, Petworth, anywhere in NW DC.. we've lived in DC before and we're pretty open minded. We would consider a 2 bedroom as well.

About our family: we are older professionals, with two little girls (4 and 6) who are ready for this big adventure. I work in a federal government agency field office in Seattle, and will relocate to DC temporarily to work in the headquarters office. My husband is a math & physics professor. We have a lot of friends and family on the east coast who are dying to get acquainted with our children, which is why we are doing this crazy move.

If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, send me an email!