Read Me First

ZenZen
edited March 2017 in General
I am not sure how to add new features, so the easiest way for me to answer a question will be in this discussion. I'll pin it so that it is easier to find.

I'm Zen, the forum administrator. Once you're logged in, you can contact me by clicking my name and posting me a message.

One user asked about an About us or Contact us page or whether this site was legitimate. I'm not quite sure how to answer that. I'm not selling anything. The goal of the site was to post articles about Sabbatical related topics, but also to invite anyone that wanted to leave a message about their own interests. I hope that helps.

Oh, and that user asked about terms and conditions. There was a link upon sign-up but I don't see it in the forum area. I'm going to link to that here.
http://sabbatical.com/forums/dashboard/home/termsofservice

Regards,
Zen

Comments

• looking for Apt in Copenhagen from 1/8/13 for 6 months. thanks.
  • Hi,
    I have a furnished house in Eugene Oregon for rent for a year starting 8/28 till July of 2014. I don't know how to post it with this site. Please help--thank you.
    Jeem
  • I am looking for a three to six month apartment swap beginning around March. I am in New York. I'm looking to Paris.
  • I have a wonderful two bedroom house to rent in South Melbourne/Albert Park, brand new kitchen and renovated bathroom, newly painted, new floors. This is a large Victorian terrace 10 minutes from CBD, convenient direct tram to RMIT University, Melbourne University (10 minutes) and direct tram to La Trobe University. House is also conveniently located close to Swinburne University and Monash. Close to fashionable Albert Park cafe precinct, St. Kilda, South Melbourne Beach, South Melbourne Market, all beautiful locations and full of character. House is available from end of February 2014 until February 2015, however this can be negotiable. Rent is $600 per week - negotiable.
  • Hello,

I am a faculty member at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore who would like to rent my 4 bedroom, 4-bath , semi-attached home in the Roland Park neighborhood of Baltimore. Available furnished or unfurnished. Ideal home rental for professional family on temporary assignment. One-year lease with a possible year extension. Best public schools in Baltimore city and top K-12 private schools all within a five-block radius. Excellent nearby shopping , transportation, amenities, and parks. Built in 1951, over 2200 sq. ft, separate living, dining, and den, new kitchen flooring, dryer and new washing machine, new microwave, chef quality appliances, central air conditioning, two car garage, finished basement. Ready to move in July 1, 2014. Rent is $3200 per month, negotiable.

Contact Information: Michael Hanchard, Dept. of Political Science, 410-516-4993.
  • Joel_Avid_Travel May 26 Edit (1 month)
    Academic relocated back home to New Jersey New York area

Intro:
    Professional Couple currently living in Maplewood Nj area
    Non smokers
    Reliable and honest with excellent references
    Pays all bills on time
    Interested in house-sitting / home rental in the area.
    Also extensive experience in caring for animals, plants, supervising renovations and house-sitting (and traveling too).

I am a professor and have lived in Manhattan UWS and Summit NJ most of my life. My partner of 6 years an accountant turned techie with a hand in www.othercubanjourneys.com travel business, hence love to travel and explore new neighborhoods and surrounding, making connections with locals and becoming part of the community.

Dog friendly -- sml-medium 'benji' dogs
    Ideal move in July 1, No later than August 15 move in.
    Ideally 2/2 or 3/1 small bungalow single family home with porch and, fenced yard, 1 car garage. Though a 1/1 with a den can work too... even a condo, townhome town house, carriage house, tree house :-) apartment style unit, in law suite, etc.

Flexible to consider:
    >Furnished or unfurnished
    >house sitting or Sublet or lease take over
    >9-12 months (May 30th end of University academic year ) or longer
    >Or longer lease - through August 15 and beyond (month to month also)
    >flat fee all inclusive option

Offering:
    All payments on time.
    Return of the unit / property in better condition than I received it
    Property Manager experience
    Also barter / use of my one week vacation resort condos, if interested

We are open to house-sitting opportunities in maplewood, montclair, summit, south orange area too. In the many occasions in which we have provided a sitting service, we have had 100% positive feedback and have received glowing references from all Home Owners. My partner has been considered quite the handy man given his long and short term rental and vacation properties in MI, FL, and SC, so we are unlikely to have to call a tradesman for minor issues.

We do hope you consider us.

If you have any further questions about us please feel free to contact us directly at any time. Ideally Please reply offline, by clicking my screen name above and sending a private message, not adding a comment below.

key words: seton hall rutgers columbia snowbird montclair millburn maplewood summit south orange hoboken sublet house sit professor sabbatical dog new jersey new york upper west side uws riverside park

If you are a professor or academic and familiar with housing related these school proximities, please let me know!
  • Art Deco Apartment in Chapman Street, North Melbourne.(Google map it if you like)

Hello.I am looking for someone to rent my two bedroom renovated,furnished ,art deco apartment.The apartment has a beautiful balcony which overlooks the city.The lounge room also overlooks the city.The apartment itself is located in a back street that is adjacent to the Royal Melbourne Children's hospital and a short walk or tram ride to Royal Melbourne Hospital,Royal Women's Hospital and Melbourne University.The apartment is also located really close to the gardens which ring the city.

I think this apartment would really suit someone who is on sabbatical here and who is one their own or has a small family.I am quite amenable to a single person letting out the second room if required. The apartment will be available at the end of March, 2015.I would be pleased to answer any inquiries you may have.
    Evatt: contact information kyriacoue@yahoo.com
  • 3 nice tidy old ladies Lo oking to rent a three(or two plus) nice place in New York from October 20 until November 20. Any offers?
  • I am looking for a place to rent/sublet/housesit in Toronto, summer 2015 (July or August). I am flexible regarding location but would prefer accommodation near the TTC (stop or station). I am currently teaching at a Canadian college in Qatar (CNA-Q), and looking to visit Toronto this summer. All offers welcome, looking forward to hearing from you.
  • Hello,
    We have a 4BR, 3BA home in Boulder County, CO not far from the University of Colorado.
    This fall we'd like to rent it out but don't know how to post it on this website. Please either call me or email me instructions.
    Sharon 303-819-5933
This discussion has been closed.