Melbourne (Australia) visiting prof. looking for furnished 2-3 BR house January 2016 to July 2016

I'm a 41-yr-old Hungarian prof who'll be on a research scholarship at Monash University from mid-January 2016 to about July 2016 (extension possible). I'm looking for a min. 2-bedroom house or appartment in or close to South or East Brunswick. We're a family of four - my husband is also a professor; we also have two 5-year old children who'll be attending school in East Brunswick, off Nicholson Street (hence our preference for the area).

Comments

• My place might be a bit small for your family and is not quite in the area you want but maybe you would still consider it. It is a small 2 bedroom apartment located in Kew, in the Willsmere development (ex lunatic asylum). One bedroom is decent sized but the other is quite small. It could be provided furnished with a bunk and double bed and with all of the things you would need (washer, dryer, fridge, couch, TV, pots, pans, dishes, appliances etc). It is in a gated complex on large grounds with lots of facilities including pool and tennis courts and next to parklands. I could offer it to your family on a six month lease (then month to month) at $600 per week including utilities and furnishings (for a shorter stay it would be $700 per week). I am planning to live in the apartment until around December (am having my second child in October and then moving to the country to join my husband around Christmas), however your timing could work very well as I could leave furnishings in the home for you. Perhaps if you are unsuccessful in finding another home before arriving you could also consider staying there for a month or two until you find the right place. A formal lease agreement and security deposit of one month's rent would also be needed. You can view the apartment if you follow this link (furnishings will differ from those shown):

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-vic-kew-119807947

If you are interested please let me know. Thanks, Kashi.

ph +613409807328